Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Teach them to Serve


We were able to be the hands and feet of Jesus today with my littles. Packing meals to send to children in Haiti at feed my starving children. 
 My prayer for my children is that they will have a heart to serve others. When our hearts are open to what God has nothing is impossible. 



It is so great to serve at a place where they really walk you through the process and show you how you are making a difference today for a child a crossed the world. They also show you the reality if no one steps up to help.

The kids all did so great today taking turns labeling bags, scooping vitamins and veggies, and weighting the bags. It got a little long at the end and someone noticed "the look" and brought them a box and markers to color. Liam drew a plan so the kids would know how their food will get to them. 

 When we are walking out Liam tugs on my hand and says mom that video made me a little sad. In that moment I knew the feeling he was referring too. I knew that was God right there in that instant  tugging on Liam's heart.  
Thank you Jesus that there is no age limit when it comes to the Holy Spirit speaking and touching every heart. These are the moments that make it all worth it, I love getting to glimpse just a sliver of what God has for each one of my children. 

When you give God an opportunity to move and show up he dose every single time. I want my children to be able to experience God at a young age so their roots of faith will be deep and unwavering in the winds and trials of this life. I want them to taste and see that He is good. Not only because Mom and Dad say He is but, because they have seen and experienced His power for themselves. Only God can touch my children in that way but I feel strongly that its my job to provide opportunities for them to see and know His power. 

His love is so vast and so wide I can't begin to understand His love, and His love for my children. But in moments like today to see Him moving in such an amazing way, just takes by breath away. He loves and cares for each one of His children and has plans for their future. As a mom I am so thankful that I don't have to have it all figured out, because my God's got this. 

If you have a Feed my starving children locally i would defiantly recommend checking it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment