Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DIY Play Kitchen

For about a year I have wanted to find a play kitchen for the kids, I really struggled with finding one big enough for my three kids to play with at once. So for the girl's 2nd birthday we decided to build one, it took us about two weeks working on it in the evenings after the kids were in bed to complete it.

Many of the play kitchens out there are not very appealing to the eye so I love that I was able to customize this one and I am proud to display it in my home for years to come.

I found plans for the play kitchen from here, Aaron made a few changes to make it fit our family. He extended the counter adding more work space, storage and shelves.

I found lots of inspiration on pintrest! You can see my pinned board here.







The curtain under the sink was one of my favorite parts adding just a little bit of fun.  I enjoyed picking out the fabric, I actually found the fabric first and then matched the paint color.

I used a couple site to get the measurements for the curtain, here and here.

I really love the way it turned out!



I am blessed with an extremely talented husband that created a really cute life like cook top. The kids can actually turn it on and off with the knob. He also added lights in the oven and in the refrigerator.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment