Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Ben's Birth I Part 2

Finally here is part 2 of Ben's birth story, if you missed part 1 here is the link .

After my beautiful delivery, they put Ben on my chest and I as able to hold him while I attempted to deliver the placenta. It ended up that the placenta was still stuck to my uterus, my Doctor made the decision to reach in and manually extract it.  She felt that she had removed it all but hours later I proceeded to continue to bleed and the decision was made to send me to surgery.
After a short ICU stay 3 units of blood, IV antibiotics, and around 7 liters of fluid, I was finally able to start feeling more like myself.

Thankful for compassionate skilled caregivers  that were there with me that night. Being a nurse myself I have experienced life threatening things like this happen daily and know the impact I can have as a caregiver on a patient and their family during those times.  This is the exact reason I feel like God has placed me in this career to impact people and meet them right were they are.

So for me to be on the other side of things as the patient and not the caregiver is different but the things I felt and the amazing staff gave me a new perspective and appreciation for the little things that we do everyday for our patients. 

Never take for granted that impact your words and your actions can have on another life. God has given us just one life to live, choose wisely how you will use it.  Will you choose to serve others or yourself? 

I believe that I serve a God that will make beautiful things  from the ashes and He will restore and make all things new. I am thankful that that night was not the end for me or my family and there is more to the story that God is writing. So, thankful that God has a purpose and plan for my life and he is using my story for His glory.

Once I started to feel more like myself we had the kids come and meet their little brother. 

As the kids walked into the room the first words out of Liams mouth were "is that our baby?" as he pointed in my direction as I was holding Ben.

The girls immediately  ran over to meet their new brother!
Wonderful to spend a few hours together as a family of 6!











Heading home!





No comments:

Post a Comment