Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday!

Four years ago today, I was blessed to become a mother, and I am happy to say everyone is still alive! haha (Even Mom) 
When I became a Mom one of the first thing I learned is how much of a roller coaster it is. You instantly love something so little and immediately try to do everything right. As the years go on I know that perfection is not attainable in parenting. However, the perseverance to continue to become better each and every day is. 
Four years later I want to go to sleep knowing without a doubt that I did everything in my power to be the best mom, wife, sister, and friend today. And know that His mercies are new each and every morning Lamentations 3:22. My favorite mantra right now is "all I need today is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus". 
This is the only way I make it through the good, bad, and the in between days.

The joy of being Liam's mom is something I can't even put into words. I am just in awe of how the holy spirit is working in his life and it brings me to my knees daily. His sweet spirit is one that only comes from above. I love how God is already using him to further the kingdom.  Nothing compares to seeing your children loving Jesus and wanting to build that everlasting relationship. 

I already love the 4th year! My, constantly testing and pushing the boundary, boy is fading into a more helpful, independent one. In just the last month Liam has graduated to peeing standing up, and dressing himself daily. This my seem like a small step but, to this mom it is huge. 
Liam loves school and is learning so much, I am in such awe of how eager he is to learn and do new things.







Dear Liam,  I can't believe it has been four years since I held you for the first time. You are my special boy the one who gave me the title of Mom. You have and will continue to pave the way for your sisters, now that the girls are older I love to see the similarities and differences in each of you.
I love the way you come up to me and ask if you can give me a hug, time stands still for a moment as I take in the last few hugs of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment