Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday

What a great day it was one year ago today! I was more than ready to meet my little girls that day. God gave me so much peace and stillness, I knew that He was in control and I was just along for the ride. I was very much reminded that wonderful day of His faithfulness to me, and his never ending love.

What a blessing you girls are to our family. I laughed yesterday at school when one of teachers proceeded to help me by holding Charlotte and Liam cried out in protest "that's my baby, you can't have my baby". So thankful for such a protective big brother. I know that God has given him such an important role in their lives.

The last year has been nothing short of amazing and I am glad to be able to look back and say that I am thankful for His grace each and every day.




Charlotte where do I begin, as I am typing this you are sitting in my lap because you insisted that you didn't need an afternoon nap. I can't help but love your spunk, you are one determined little girl. From even before you were born at our first ultrasound the tech said as you were jumping and being crazy that "she doesn't seem to care that she is kicking her sister". Even moments before you were born as the Doctor and everyone else is patiently waiting for you to put your hand down and be born to the moment you came out yelling your determined personality shown brightly.
You have always been a bit ahead of your sister in the gross motor department, first to roll, sit, and crawl. The walking is yet to be determined but Evelyn is showing a little bit more determination so we will see. You are constantly smiling or yelling but happy. I love that you have my hazel eyes and a little curl to your dark blond hair. You love to clap and wave bye bye!







Evelyn my first born girl you are my good sleeper, mellow, calm until you need or want something. In the beginning we always said you were 0 to 60 in two seconds. As I have grown to know you more, you just know what you want and you would like it now. Right after you were born they laid you on my tummy and you never made a peep you were determined to get your arm in your mouth, and that was the moment I knew exactly what they mean when they say that some babies just have a stronger need to suck. And at one year you are still sucking your fingers.
You are beautiful with daddy's bright blue eyes, and a smile that lights up the room. You are so patient, in such a busy household sometimes someone has to wait. Your are ahead in the teeth department with 8 and counting. You also love to clap and wave bye bye.

I am looking forward to another fun year watching you both grow up into little ladies. I am so thankful that God has intrusted me with the oppurtunity to be your mom.



Thank you to everyone who has helped us this past year, we are truly greatfull.

Day 3: I am thankful for the last year, it's crazy when you think how two 6 pound and 7 pound little beings can change your life from normal to turbo speed. I never want to imagine my life with out my little ladies. They are such precious gifts from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment