Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Nurses Strike 6.2016


If you are a nurse or live in the Midwest you may have heard about the nurses vs. Allina strike. It has been all over the news a crossed the country and has directly effected 5,000 nurses and their families along with thousands of patients all over  Minnesota.

 I have proudly been an employee of Allina for 10 years, and this is nothing personal with them.  But if we as Registered Nurses don't stand up for our families, our patients, and our profession who will?

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9

God has not called us to blend in with the crowd, but to stand out. In order to make a difference in the world around you, you must choose the road less traveled.

I am so blessed to be apart of such a great organization who is  fighting the good fight for us and our patients. Because, you see that forty years ago nurses were standing up for the same things we are standing for today and because of their bravery the nursing profession is doing remarkable things for healthcare today.

This is my legacy, my children will forever remember when we went to the "line up at mom's work". The outcome of this directly effects them, and their future. This  life is but a blink, I am choosing to make a difference today!

If you know a nurse that works at the bedside tell them thanks for selflessly caring for other people day in and day out. If you know about the strike and unsure what the nurses are standing up for, just ask. I believe that if you choose to compassionately put yourself in another persons  shoes our perspective on life will be drastically different.


Here are some pictures from this past week.



   



































I only work 2 days a week, but during the 7 day strike the kids and I went every day but 2. We had many people stop us and take our picture, ask me where I worked and tell me that this is why we are fighting. 


I currently don't even carry the health insurance (which is one of the many things we are fighting for) But to me this doesn't matter, its not about me. Its about the nurse that's battling breast cancer, and the nurse that has a chronically sick child and for the patients that want to see a nurse more that twice during an 8 hour period. 








No comments:

Post a Comment