Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Need help finding your joy?


Do you feel overwhelmed, like you can’t seem to find peace amidst the fog?

Take heart Momma you are not alone, in this world that we live in distractions come in all shapes and sizes.  From a cell phone that can seem to run your life to several mini versions of yourself, all screaming for the same and equal attention.  Charlotte, my youngest, newest phase is “Momma I need you” which paints a pretty clear picture of where she feels my attention should be.  Don’t forget about dinner, dishes from last night and of course you better do laundry or the kids will have to wear their dirty jammies to bed again.

There are days that my” to do lists” have their own “to do lists” (if you know what I am getting at). The truth of the matter is that finding peace and joy in this life takes work. 

In our Moms bible study we talked about mindfulness and what that means in our everyday lives.
Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment to moment. (Kabat-Zinn, 2003)

I just love that! In order to have peace and joy we need to mindfully take time day by day and minute by minute with our Creator.  

Is God your portion today? “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him” Lamentations 3:22-24

“I made all of this out of nothing, Trust Me, I can take care of you.”  God

I love that my God cares about my to do list and all the details of my day and when I choose to give it up to Him then and only then will I find my peace and joy.  Rejoice that little eyes are watching, they see and feel the love and joy that I have found in Jesus.  This will be my legacy of love from the Father poured out onto my children.

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me in my mess and right where I am at today. You alone are worthy of all my praise!

I want to encourage you to be mindful today while you are doing life, find those times and give them back to Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment