Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

childcare

There is something scary about leaving your kids with someone else that isn't you or a blood relative. When we just had Liam we had a teenager watch him, which was totally doable and I was very comfortable with it. But when we had the girls, which put us at 3 kids under 2. Calling the neighbor girl was out of the question since it can be a handful for us and we are the parents.
 
Knowing that we needed to find someone that was comfortable and qualified to care for multiples was a must. If you have never watched twins before, it can be a little unsettling to try to calm two screaming babies. At 3 children once a month date night is a must, since we could go days and not have a real conversation besides what the kids ate or how many times they pooped.
 
Beginning a search for a caregiver for your children can be a little daunting. I had looked at a few website but call someone who is a complete stranger was a little scary. Since working as a nanny myself in collage I love getting referrals from others, I think this is a great way to find childcare. I had meet a mom who lived in my area that had twins and a singleton, I emailed her to see if she had any recommendations, and low and behold she did. And this was truly a God thing, He had his hands all over this.
 
This is how she came into our lives...as a mom someone you can completely trust with your children is priceless. As my mom says she must be an angle, and truly to us she is. 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday was Aaron's birthday, so I planned a fun night out for us. We came home to this picture with Liam's hand cut out. So precious and thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment